Roam Mobility: a cell phone solution for Canadian traveling to the USA!
- Unlimited nationwide talk
- Unlimited global text
- Unthrottled high-speed data
- Free long-distance calls to Canada (yes!)
- Voicemail and caller ID
- Data only
- Text and talk
- Text, talk and data
- Select Settings
- Select Cellular
- Select Cellular Data Network
- Under the Cellular Data section change the APN to the word roam(Username & Password should be blank)
- Scroll down and under the Personal Hotspot section change the APN to the word roam (Username & Password should be blank)
- Save the setting and restart your phone
If this is the first time you use you card, you will be walked through the setting of your USA voice mail once your phone is activated at destination. No your Roam Mobility Sim Card does not work within Canada 😦
The plans are 3.95$ for 1 day (300Mb of data), 11,95 for 3 days (900Mb of data), 27,95 for 7 days (2Gb of data included), … And yes you can share your data with your iPad or computer. This is a fraction of the cost charged by our Canadian providers for roaming charges or “travel packages”.
It worked flawlessly and when landing in Canada, simply put your Canadian Sim back in the phone and store you Roam Mobility card for your next trips.
P.S.: Roaming Sim Card and packages are even less expansive in Europe. I’ve tried Austria and Belgium up to now. So if you travel even moderately, paying up front you cell phone and having it unlock gives you access to very good deals outside the country.
Posted on June 15, 2014, in Gadget, General stuff, Technology and tagged Canada, Canadian providers, cell phone, iPhone, Roam Mobility, Sim card, traveling, USA phone number, USA sim card. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.