Advice to new graduate students
- Invest time in learning tasks/project management – start here.
- Review all of your tasks/next action weekly
- Set time aside to review your projects/goals on a regular basis (at least monthly for projects and quarterly for goals).
- Set time aside to do something else: sport, tricot, …
- Be ready you never know when and where your best idea will come from. Have a trusted note system with you all the time.
- If you do not have fun doing your graduate study project (I do not mean that it should be fun all the time but overall you should stand on the fun side of things), you either have the:
- wrong project,
- wrong thesis advisor or,
- you are in the wrong line of work (yes it does happen).
Of course, do not forget the warning notice, you’ve been warned ;-).